[SANOG] [apnic-talk] Your Input Needed: Can ROA Replace LOA? – Short Survey (7 mins)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Nov 16 04:11:50 UTC 2023

I agree wit what Randy says as far as that example goes.

OTOH, I do think that it is reasonable for ROA to be a valid way to avoid the need to submit LoA for prefix announcement…

If you have a ROA that already attests AS FOO to be a valid originator for prefix X:Y;Z::/48, then there’s no reason a peer
needs an additional piece of paper saying essentially the same thing in order to accept your route.

Owen