[SANOG] NPIX Traffic jumps

Rupesh Shrestha rupeshbstha at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 06:16:54 UTC 2018

Hi Anurag,
Thanks for noticing it. Yes, it is due to worldcup that the traffic has
increased and specially OTT traffic over npIX has created the surge. We
have upgraded some member ports from 1G to 10G. But still that was not
enough so bundled the ports and now moving them to 40G ports. Yesterday
npIX traffic peaked about 24G during the match times. We hope the provision
will be enough for finals too. But anyways, users are having very good
worldcup experience now due to exchange traffic :)

Regards,
Rupesh