[SANOG] Fwd: [AusNOG] AusNOG 2016 programme and initial call for lightning talks

Mark Prior mrp at mrp.net
Tue Jul 26 12:12:39 UTC 2016

FYI.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [AusNOG] AusNOG 2016 programme and initial call for lightning talks
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 12:29:24 +0930
From: Mark Prior <mrp at mrp.net>
To: ausnog at lists.ausnog.net <ausnog at lists.ausnog.net>

Hello,

The AusNOG web site has now been updated with the AusNOG 2016 programme.

See <http://www.ausnog.net/events/ausnog-2016> for more details on the
programme and abstracts for most of the presentations.

As you will notice this year we will again be having a short lightning
talk session. Anyone registered to attend AusNOG is welcome to submit a
proposal to <organisers at ausnog.net> by 29 August 2016.

A lightning talk is a short presentation on topics that are either too
short, too timely or too preliminary to include on the general agenda,
or even just something to stir up some discussion. There is no
requirement for slides. As we tried to cram in as many presentations as
possible this year time for lightning talks is limited and so we may
need to restrict them to 5 minutes (or just run late :-)

The organisers would like to especially encourage people who haven't
spoken at an AusNOG before to consider having a go.

Kind Regards,
Mark Prior
(For the AusNOG Board)