[SANOG] 10Gig switches in India

Anurag Bhatia me at anuragbhatia.com
Mon Oct 19 18:22:29 UTC 2015

@Aftab

Extreme Networks - yeah worked on those in past. Bit tricky CLI to handle
but extremely stable devices. I used bunch of 48 ports 1G boxes.

I don't think we got much of 10G here in India from them. But again I could
be wrong.

@Sujay - True, 10G is slowly picking up in India specially on peerings with
large content players. Cross connects (just like everywhere) is a bit pf
pain and hence anything close or above 1Gbps makes case for 10G in
interconnects.

Which switch you see folks using around in India? Curious to hear device
type, models etc.