[SANOG] Prefix hijacking, how to prevent and fix currently

Anurag Bhatia me at anuragbhatia.com
Thu Aug 28 17:06:59 UTC 2014

Hi Tarun

Yeap, it seems true. The best way to get this fixed would be via AS43239
itself and if they don't help (or if they intentionally doing it) then via
their further upstreams.

AS43239 contact details are here <http://bgp.he.net/AS43239#_whois> while
their upstreams are here. You can find their list of upstreams here
<http://bgp.he.net/AS43239#_graph4>.

You can always contact large upstream in the chain who is transiting the
prefixes. If they stop, the impact will get pretty much local.

Also, FYI I don't see that prefix visible in India from that AS43239 pretty
much because most of networks are anyways filtering it. There's only one
(and valid) route object for the prefix:

Anurags-MacBook-Pro:~ anurag$ whois -h whois.radb.net 103.20.212.0
route:          103.20.212.0/24
descr:          E2E Networks Cloud Routes
origin:         AS132420
country:        IN
notify:         provisioning at e2enetworks.com
mnt-lower:      MAINT-E2E-NETWORKS-IN
mnt-routes:     MAINT-E2E-NETWORKS-IN
mnt-by:         MAINT-E2E-NETWORKS-IN
changed:        provisioning at e2enetworks.com 20130603
source:         APNIC
Anurags-MacBook-Pro:~ anurag$

Good luck in getting it fixed!

--

Anurag Bhatia
anuragbhatia.com

Linkedin <http://in.linkedin.com/in/anuragbhatia21> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/anurag_bhatia>
Skype: anuragbhatia.com

PGP Key Fingerprint: 3115 677D 2E94 B696 651B 870C C06D D524 245E 58E2