[SANOG] Geo-IP service providers - IP Address to country mapping

Shishio Tsuchiya shtsuchi at cisco.com
Mon Mar 11 17:06:39 UTC 2013

NANOG and JANOG sometimes talk about GeoIP trouble,so I don't think GeoIP is not good method to provide limitation of service.
CIDA had reported comparre of Public and comercial GeoIP service.
http://www.caida.org/publications/papers/2011/geocompare-tr/geocompare-tr.pdf
But never forget we had some issue GeoIP service.

NANOG and JANOG made wiki "how to correct GeoIP information when we had trouble".
NANOG:
http://nanog.cluepon.net/index.php/GeoIP
JANOG:
http://tools.bgp4.jp/index.php?GeoIP